George Young Complex
Virtual brochure and information for the George Young Complex, one of many online travel brochures for tourist information in Iron River, MI. Provided by your source for Mackinaw Information and Mackinac Information.
159 Young’s Lane
P.O. Box 457
Iron River, MI 49935
The Premier Recreational Center in the Upper Peninsula
- Play golf on our 7,100 yard championship golf course.
- Enjoy our spacious swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna.
- Hike, cycle, snowmobile and ski.
- Ride a mountain bike.
- Walk the Wolf Track Nature Trail.
- Explore our local lakes and streams.
- Watch for eagles soaring.
- Listen for the loon.
- Enjoy golf on our championship golf course.
- Relax in our lounges and dining room.
- Plan your group recreational outing with us and stay for your meetings and banquets.
George (1895-1984) and Margaret Young (1897-1988)
William George Young, born in Stambaugh, Michigan, and Oriet Margaret Gilbert Young, born in Chicago, Illinois, met at Northwestern University, lived in Oak Park and enjoyed a summer house here. They owned and operated Chicago Fire Brick Company and Wellsville Fire Brick Company. Mindful of the vanishing areas of lakes, forests and natural terrain, they generously set aside in perpetuity their estates and Michigan lands for the benefit of the people of Iron County, Michigan and the general public. This splendid Recreational Center was dedicated April 30, 1993 is their memory.