Iron Mountain Iron Mine
Virtual brochure and information for the Iron Mountain Iron Mine, one of many online travel brochures for tourist information in Vulcan, MI. Provided by your source for Mackinaw Information and Mackinac Information.
US-2, Vulcan, Michigan 49892
America’s Favorite Mine Attraction
For family adventure and vacation thrills board the underground mine train for a trip back in history.
Big John welcomes you to the Iron Mountain Iron Mine.
Experienced guides show you haw mining was done over 100 years ago.
Located on US-2, nine miles east of Iron Mountain in Vulcan, Michigan.
AAA approved attraction
- Travel 2,600 feet through drifts and tunnels to 400 feet below the earth’s surface.
- See amazing rock formations and large underground lighted caverns.
- Only Underground iron mine tour in Michigan.
- State Historical Site
- Rock Hound and Geologist Paradise
- Free ore samples
- School and bus groups welcome
Largest rock shop in upper Michigan featuring Michigan rocks and minerals as well as specimens from around the world.
After your tour enjoy a traditional Cornish Pasty Miners Lunch at the Pasty Oven in Quinnesec, Michigan or order online at www.pastys.com